Submissions Deadline Extended to August 18
Still need more time to put your entry for the 2023 IIB Awards? You’re in luck! We extended the submission deadline to August 18th!
Enter your work for a chance to win trophies and cash from the $20K prize pot. Past winners have gained media coverage, book deals, job offers, and art exhibitions.
Last year, we had over 1,200 entries: about 1,000 was longlisted and under 100 shortlisted. Will Sutton created this fun dashboard that lets you filter all of the 2022 entries by category.
Here are the nine categories for this year:
- Arts, Entertainment & Culture
- Leisure, Games & Sport
- People, Language & Identity
- Current Affairs & Politics
- Places, Spaces & Environment
- Science, Technology & Health
- Business Analytics
Carefully review each category and consider how you could increase your chances of winning!
Chatting with past winners
For additional ideas and inspiration on how to submit your entry, watch Data Visualization Society's Fireside Chats with past winners:
- Sonja Kuijpers (Gold for A View on Despair)
- Ilya Boyandin (Bronze for Flowmap.blue)
- Amy Cesal (Silver for Wedding Data Viz: How We Designed For Feelings)
- Carni Klirs (Gold for Visualizing The History Of Fugazi)
- Hardik Chandrahas (Gold for Tour de Drugs)
- Krisztina Szucs (Silver for Plot Parade)
Coming together to recognize data viz excellence
Photos from the 2022 Information is Beautiful Awards Ceremony in Washington, DC.
Last year, we hosted the Awards Ceremony at Washington, DC, to recognize the work and contributions of our community. We’re happy to share that we will host an in-person ceremony again this year early in November.
Attendees have the option to tune in virtually for the livestream. More details to come soon on dates, venue, and tickets.
Find answers to commonly asked questions on the FAQs page.