2023 Submissions open today
Recognizing excellence in data visualization design
Starting today, you can enter data visualizations published from September 1, 2022 to August 15, 2023, for consideration in the 2023 IIB Awards.
The Awards is an opportunity to showcase work you’re proud to have created, either as an individual or as part of a team.
Submissions close August 15, 2023.
🏆 Prizes you could win
All eligible entries are displayed in our online entry showcase.
Winners will be awarded a beautiful trophy and a share of the USD $20,000+ prize pot across 9 Categories and 7 Special Awards.
Submitters of shortlisted entries will get a free pair of tickets to the Awards Ceremony and be featured in the broadsheet distributed at the Awards Ceremony.
💸 Submission fees
- Students / members of the public whose work has not been professionally commissioned or published: Free
- Small companies or nonprofits from low and middle income countries: (≤5 team members) USD $10 per piece entered
- Solo Practitioners / Small Companies: (≤5 team members) USD $50 per piece entered
- Media Outlets / NGOs / Gov't / Education: USD $100 per piece entered
- Agencies / Studios / Brands / Companies: (>5 team members) USD $200 per piece entered
📋 Judging criteria for selecting winners
Judges will consider the following criteria when reviewing submissions:
- Is the work impactful?
- Is the work engaging?
- Does the work display clarity of analysis, including clear guidance that makes the visual usable?
- Is the work innovative and creative, celebrating novel formats and design approaches?
- Is the work inclusive, including design decisions to aid in accessibility, using appropriate and inclusive language, and considering equity in our representation of different people or groups?
- Is the work effective, achieving its goals and connecting an audience to the underlying data - which may mean valuing simplicity over complexity?
- Is the work beautiful, celebrating aesthetic beauty and design broadly?
💬 Help us spread the word
We hope you're excited for the 2023 Awards and encourage you to submit your work, or nudge someone you admire to. Help us spread the word by sharing this announcement in your network and on social media.
Find answers to commonly asked questions on our FAQs page.