Voting: what our judges (and you) look out for in great visualization
The 2017 Information is Beautiful Awards Shortlist is now live.
Now it's time for our panel of expert judges and YOU, the dataviz-loving public, to decide the winners.
Before you vote for your favourites, consider what our judges look out for in a successful data visualization or infographic:
- Is it interesting? Is the idea thought-provoking? Topical? Funny? Good story well told?
- Is it accurate? Consistent data? Reliable research? Clever methodology?
- Is it useful? Does it work well? Good information flow? Does it deepen understanding?
- Is it beautiful? Does design serve subject matter? Is it elegant? Clear? Distinctive?
- "Je ne sais quoi": Originality, unexpected twists, creative flair, new angle on old subject
- Red flags: Anything too technical, or succeeds on only one or two dimensions
:: View the 2017 Longlist