What makes for a show-stopping piece of infodesign?
The 2018 Information is Beautiful Awards Shortlist is now live.
Now it's time for our panel of expert judges and YOU, the dataviz-loving public, to decide the winners.
Before you vote for your favourites, consider what our judges look out for in a successful data visualization or infographic:
- Is it interesting? Is the idea thought-provoking? Topical? Funny? Good story well told?
- Is it accurate? Consistent data? Reliable research? Clever methodology?
- Is it useful? Does it work well? Good information flow? Does it deepen understanding?
- Is it beautiful? Does design serve subject matter? Is it elegant? Clear? Distinctive?
- "Je ne sais quoi": Originality, unexpected twists, creative flair, new angle on old subject
- Red flags: Anything too technical, or succeeds on only one or two dimensions
:: View the 2018 Shortlist