Announcing the 2023 Shortlist
The shortlist has been announced! Check out the entry showcase to see 80+ entries on the shortlist. Our judges will begin reviewing shortlisted entries and select final winners for each category. Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony.
Join us for the Awards Ceremony + Day of Inspiration
Data visualization enthusiasts from around the world will gather at the Maryland Institute College of Art for two days of celebrations, which include the Day of Inspiration and the Awards Ceremony.
- Day of Inspiration (November 3rd): This mini conference will feature talks from our shortlisted works, including the origin stories, the "making of", and impacts the entries have had on the authors and data visualization community. This day will be anchored by inspirational talks on industry topics by community leaders and highlights from our host's data visualization program.
- Awards Ceremony (November 4th): This ceremony celebrates the amazing shortlisted entries from this year and attendees will be the first to celebrate the winners across nine categories and seven special awards. Plus, the shift to a celebratory brunch allows for wider attendance across more time zones compared to last year’s evening celebration!
You can participate in the fun and excitement by:
- Joining in person (Register on Eventbrite): Attend the Awards and mingle with data viz creators and leaders. Dues-paying DVS members get a 30% discount (learn more about DVS membership).
- Tune in virtually (Register on Eventbrite): Join the celebration with the livestream, hosted to make the excitement of the event more globally accessible. Dues-paying members have free access to both Day of Inspiration and the Awards Ceremony livestreams (note that you still need to register on Eventbrite to access the stream).
- Celebrate and connect at a watch party: Select DVS local affiliate groups will be hosting watch parties open to our members and to the public. Check back our website for watch party updates.
Visit our FAQs page if you have additional questions or concerns.