Deadline today (Fri 16 Sep) 11.59pm PST. Advice for last-minute entries
The fifth Kantar Information is Beautiful Awards closes tonight (Fri 16 Sep) at 11.59pm PST and we're still seeing dozens of entries coming in every hour. If you're staying up late writing that perfect bit of copy and prepping your images for upload, here are some tips for getting your entry or nomination in painlessly.
- Start off by reading all the info on the entry form and at the bottom hit the arrows to reveal the entry fees, prizes, details of what you should provide, and categories
Account type and fees
- Decide which type of account is most relevant to you. The account type will inform whether you pay to to enter, and if so how much. Members of the public and students may enter their own work for free and they may also nominate work by other creators for free.
- A solo practitioner pays $25 per entry; Media outlets, NGO/government/education is $50; Agency/Studio/Brand/Company is $100.
- If you already have an account from previous years, it's worth going back into the account settings and making sure all the fields are updated as some of the fields have changed
Choosing a category
- Read the detailed descriptions of the updated categories for 2016 - if you're still not sure which category is right, pick "not sure" and our team will categorise for you
- The motion graphic category from last year has gone, so enter your videos/animations in another category such as infographic, dataviz or (if there's interactivity) interactive.
- On the entry form be sure to fill out all the required fields (marked with a purple asterisk) and to confirm the checkbox at the end
- If your work is in a language other than English please include an English translation with your upload / text or send it to our team.
- You absolutely must upload at least one flat image of at least 1000 pixels wide but under 50mb in size (eg a .png, a .jpg or a non-animated .gif) of your work. This will act as the thumbnail/header for your entry if it gets accepted into our showcase. We recommend that you upload this image first.
- As long as you have uploaded one flat image, you may also upload PDFs, animated .gifs and other types of files under 50mb.
- Be aware that judges have limited time so they are unlikely to view a downloadable video or app. Instead, host your video / service / animation online and provide a link to it in your text
- Having trouble proceeding to payment? Most users discover it is because they haven't followed the steps above and have not provided at least one flat image.
Preventing technical problems
- In some cases users report issues when they use ad blockers or cookie blockers. Please ensure cookies are enabled, whitelist the site, empty cookies then log out then in again.
- We also recommend you use newer browsers: ideally the latest version of Chrome or Safari, but also Firefox or Explorer 10, to upload your work
- Once you proceed to payment we hand you over to Stripe, which supports Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. We have accepted payments from entrants using these cards in many countries across the world, including China (though note that we don't support AliPay.)
Still not working? Contact us before 11.59pm.
- If after reading this you are encountering problems or have questions, please contact us before 11.59pm PST on Fri 16 Sep with the following information:
- What you were doing when you encountered the error, including the URL of the page you were on
- A screenshot of the error message you're seeing and anything else on the page that might help us identify what is going wrong
- Your operating system and browser name/version
- Based on the information you provide, if we believe your technical support query is legitimate and submitted to us before the deadline, we will help you process your entry on Monday.
- Please note that our office is UK based and now closed until the weekend.
Longlist announced next week
- We will finish compiling the longlist late on Tues 20 Sep ready for a public announcement on Weds 21 Sep, 11am UK time.