So we thought we’d come up the first global awards to celebrate the form and the field.
So if you’ve created an amazing visualization, killer infographic or vorsprung interactive, you could have submitted it. You could win a mega-cash prize and a place in the dataviz hall of fame.
There are six main award categories. Data Visualisation, Infographic / Information Design, Interactive Visualisation, Data Journalism, Motion Infographic, and Dataviz Tool or Website.
A selection of entries will be shortlisted for each category. From those, the top three will win awards – in a gold, silver, bronze style.
the special awards
In addition, there will be a few special awards given out.
- Information Art, Best Studio and Best Individual Contribution. There’ll also be a Student Award, and a Corporate Award recognising work in the commercial domain.
- Community-wise, we’ll have a popular Visitor’s Vote. And the top voted winners of our visualisation challenges will also grab prizes.
- All these – and the gold winners – are then in the running for the ultimate ‘Visualization of the Year’ Award.
the inevitable infographic
Too much to take in? Here’s an infographic!
- Entries closed at the 31st May 2012.
- Longlist exhibited the week commencing with 23rd of July
- Shortlists will be announced the week commencing with 6th of August
- Then the winners will be announced mid September.
We’ve a total of nearly $30,000 in prize money to give away.
- Category winners win $1000, $500, and $250 for gold, silver and bronze awards respectively.
- Special award winners get $2000 each.
- The ultimate ‘Visualisation of the Year’ award winner grabs an additional $5000!
- All receive a special certificate and a very special object.
- Plus all winners and all shortlisted entrants receive a personally signed copy of Information is Beautiful.
Find out more about our esteemed panel of judges here.
how it’s possible
Thanks to our generous sponsor, Kantar.com, we’re non-profit and community-driven. That means you didn’t have to pay a chunk to enter your work to the annual awards.